GeoGebra Advanced Tutorial 6 – Customizing the GeoGebra Toolbar
When you upload your GeoGebra file as HTML, sometimes you want to take control the user’s activity on your worksheet. There are times that you want them to use a limited number of tools. For instance, you want to limit the button to dragging; you do not want the users to create mathematical objects. In that case, you may want just to show the Move tool and the Move Graphics View tool (see first figure). GeoGebra allows you to customize your toolbar just the way you want it. The steps is shown below.
Step by Step Instructions
- Open the GeoGebra file that you want the toolbar to be customized.
- Click Tools > Customize Toolbar from the menu bar to display the Customize Toolbar dialog box (see Figure 2).
- In the Customize Toolbar dialog box, select the tools that you want to remove in the Toolbar list box (all the tools except the Move tool and the Move Graphics View tool), and then click the Remove button. The Move tool and the Move Graphics View tools have other tools with them. You must click the + icon at the left of the tool to display the other tools.
- When finished, click the Apply button.
- You can reinsert the tools that you have removed. That is by clicking a particular tool in the Tools list box, and then clicking the < Insert button.
- You can rearrange the order of the tools using the Up and Down buttons.
- You can restore to the default toolbar using the Restore Default Toolbar button.