In GeoGebra 4.2, the Graphics View and the Object Properties window were merged into the new Preferences window. The Preferences window is divided into 5 section tabs: the Object Properties which was discussed in the GeoGebra 4.2 Sneak Peek 2, the Graphics, Layout, Default, and Advanced sections. In this post, we take a peek at the changes and updates made in the Graphics and the Layout sections.
In GeoGebra 4.0, it is only possible to place an arrow on the positive direction of the x and y axes. GeoGebra 4.2 allows arrows on both directions of the x and y axes. The Navigation for Construction Protocol which was in the View menu of GeoGebra 4.0 is now included in the Graphics section. Continue reading
GeoGebra 4.2 is expected to be released within the year. Before its release, let us take a peek at the new features and the changes in GeoGebra.
- Sneak Peek 1: The GeoGebra Window
- Sneak Peek 2: The Object Properties
- Sneak Peek 3: Graphics and Layout
- Sneak Peek 4: Defaults and Advanced Sections
- Sneak Peek 5: Ten New Improvements
This series has just started and will be updated from time to time.
Mathematics and Multimedia turns 3 today, World Teachers’ Day. As of this writing the blog has grown into 786 posts with more than 2500 Facebook, Twitter, RSS, and Email Subscribers. It has also reached 1.16 million hits and averages 38,000 unique visitors and 65,000 page views a month.
Below are the most popular posts in terms of number of shares on its second year, that is, from October 5, 2011 to October 4, 2012. Continue reading
The University of the Philippines National Institute for Science and Mathematics Education Development regularly offers seminar-workshops as part of its commitment to help upgrade the competencies of science and mathematics teachers and supervisors in the country. This year, the Institute offers the following seminar-workshops.
October 23, 24, 25, 2012
- Teaching Mathematics through Problem Solving (Level: High School)
- Teaching Grade 1 Mathematics in the K-12 Curriculum (Level: Grade 1)
- Development of Inquiry Based Science Activities (Level: Elementary)
- Producing Teaching Materials for Elementary School Science (Level: Elementary)
- Chemistry Laboratory Techniques, Safety, and Management (Level: High School)
- Teaching Selected Topics in the K to 12 Life Science Curriculum (Level: High School)
- Inquiry-based Science Teaching Anchored on the K to 12 Curriculum Framework (Level: High School)
November 10, 17, 24 and December 1, 2012
- Lesson Study on Teaching Through Inquiry Approach
Click here to view the complete description of the course and the seminar fee.
This is the second part of the GeoGebra 4.2 Sneak Peek Series. In this post, we discuss the changes made in the Object Properties window and the significant changes on the properties of the commonly used tools in GeoGebra.
The Object Properties
The Object Properties in version 4.2 is included in the References dialog box as shown in the figure above. The Object Properties contains properties of mathematical objects divided into tabs: Color, Style, Advanced and Scripting tabs common to most objects. It also contains special tabs for such as Algebra for points and Decoration for angles and segments. Continue reading