Applets are very useful in mathematical explorations, so I made list of more than 8000 applets from 10 different websites and blogs below. I hope you’ll find them helpful.
- Analyze Math. Tutorials and problems with applets.
- Cut the Knot. More than 1000 Java applets. Includes content topics from Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Probability, Fractals and Chaos and more.
- GeoGebra Applet Central. More than 100 GeoGebra applets and growing on K-12 Mathematics which I created together with a group of bloggers.
- Manipula Math with Java. About 300 math applets from a (Japanese-owned?) website.
- Larry Green’s Applet Page. 100+ applets written by Larry Green of Lake Tahoe Community College.
- Math, Physics and Engineering Applets by Paul Falstad
- Illuminations. More than 100 K-12 applets from NCTM.
- Interactivate. Hundreds of applets from numbers to calculus.
- PLU Applets. Java applets from arithmetic to abstract algebra from Pacific Lutheran University
- Wolfram Demonstrations. Nearly 7000 applets created with Mathematica. Some of the major categories are mathematics, computations, physical sciences, life sciences, business and social systems, systems, models and methods, creative arts, and more.
- GeoGebraTube. More than 2100 applets created with GeoGebra.
One of the most useful websites I came across lately was the Wolfram Demonstrations Project. The website contains a vast collection of Mathematica interactive worksheets called demonstrations. The demonstrations ranges from elementary science and mathematics up to graduate science and mathematics.
Below are links of compressed Mathematica demonstrations downloads. Some of the files fall under more than one category, so there are duplicate files.
You will need Winace to extract the compressed files, and you will need the Mathematica Player to view the demonstrations.
If you are interested in Mathematica, Matthias Greiff has a collection of links here.
Posted in Resources and Freebies
Tagged free mathematica demonstrations, matheamtica middles school math, mathematica algebra, mathematica calculus, mathematica demostrations download, mathematica finite mathematics, mathematica geometery, mathematica grades 3-5, mathematica high school math, mathematica k-12 mathematics, mathematica k-2, mathematica player download, mathematica pre-calculus, mathematica statistics, mathematica trigonometry, mathematics, winace, wolfram demonstration project, wolfram research