7 Funny Math Comic Sites You Will Love
Mathematics is difficult to many, but it sometimes can be fun as well. And luckily, there are creative and gifted people who never stop from making the subject light and funny. In this post, we look at some of the funny math sites on the web, particularly those who publish math web comics. Enjoy browsing the list!
1. XKCD – XKCD is a web comic of romance, sarcasm, and language. Among the three, I think sarcasm is the most successful (lol). In its home page, it says that “This comic occasionally contains strong language (which may not be suitable for children), unusual humor (which maybe unsuitable for adults), and advanced mathematics (which maybe unsuitable for liberal arts majors).” A web comic of sarcasm indeed.
2. (x,why?) – A math comic sites written by Chris Burke. The blog also contains some math jokes and also serious math sometimes. Mr. Burke usually allows bloggers to use his comics on blogs (I asked him two years ago) as long as you ask his permission.
3. Math Fail – Math Fail is another website that contains funny cartoons and images. Math Fail also posts user submissions. It also contains some jokes, puzzles, and other math related stuff.
4. Indexed – Indexed is another cool site which is composed of index cards (yes, you read it right, index cards) and math drawings. It is mainly composed of funny graphs and Venn diagrams. I like this math site because of its simplicity.
5. BrownSharpie – Although the author is currently on leave, this site has a lot of hilarious math comics. The following image was taken from the website.
6. Abstruse Goose – is a math and science web comics. It has some really cool concepts that no one would ever image. Like the astronaut barbie.
7. Brightly Wound. Sadly, Brightly Wound is no longer updated. But according to the author, he is not planning to take it down. So, enjoy the comics, while it is still there.
If you know more non-commercial math comic sites, please use the comment box below.