The square below is made up of two triangles and two trapezoids. The dimensions of the square is by , which means that the area is square units.
The same polygons above are used to create the rectangle below. The dimensions of the rectangle is by , which means that the area is . » Read more
Please don’t post the answer or solution. You don’t want to spoil the excitement of other readers.
The 15 clues below are from a famous puzzle in the 1950s called “Who Owns the Zebra?” Note that when this puzzle was made, the dangers of smoking were not widely recognized yet.
- There are 5 houses, each of a different color and inhabited by men of different nationalities, with different pets, drinks, and cigarettes .
- The Englishman lives in the red house.
- The Spaniard owns the dog.
- Coffee is drunk in the green house.
- The Ukranian drinks tea.
- The green house is immediately to the right (your right) of the ivory house.
- The Old Gold (cigarette brand) smoker owns snails.
- Kools (cigarette brand) are smoked in the yellow house.
- Milk is drunk in the middle house.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house on the left.
- The man who smokes Chesterfields (cigarette brand) lives in the house next to the man with the fox.
- Kools (cigarette brand) are smoked in the house next to the house where the horse is kept.
- Lucky Strike (cigarette brand) smoker drinks orange juice.
- The Japanese man smokes Parliaments (cigarette brand) .
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
Questions: Who drinks water? And who owns the Zebra?