From the previous tutorials, we have learned the basics on creating and editing blogs. In this short tutorial, we are going to learn how to change the theme of your blog. The theme composed of the general appearance of your blog including the header picture, the color, menus, widgets, font, background, etc.
To change theme of your blog, do the following:
- Log in to your WordPress account.
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Expand the Appearance panel located at the lower left side of your Dashboard window and then select Themes (see first figure).
- This will display the different themes as shown in the second figure.
- You can choose your own theme later, but for the sake of this tutorial series, try to choose first the Inove theme which I am using. You can search for in in the Search box.
- When you have found the Inove Theme, press the Activate link.
- Now, try to play with different themes, and choose what is suited for your blog. Each theme has its own characteristic. In later tutorials, however, you will be requested to switch back to Inove, so that you can follow the tutorials easily.