Microsoft has been doing its share recently in the free software category. Here are some of its free products and add-ons that maybe useful for teachers.
- Interactive Classroom – lets teachers insert polling questions into PowerPoint presentations
- Microsoft Mathematics - a graphing calculator that plots in 2D and 3D, step-by-step equation solving, and useful tools to help students with math and science studies.
- Mouse Mischief - a PowerPoint add-on that enables teachers to create and insert questions, polls, and drawing activity slides into PowerPoint lessons.
- Movie Maker (Windows Live) – creates movies and slide shows from photos and videos.
- Photostory – turns photos into digital slide shows.
- PhotoSynth – generates a three dimensional model of digital photos and a point cloud of a photographed object.
- Worldwide Telescope – enables your computer to function as a virtual telescope, bringing together imagery from the best ground and space-based telescopes in the world.
- SkyDrive – stores and shares files, and photos up to 5GB.