If you have enjoyed Facebook, Google+ is another way to get connected to your family, friends, and colleagues online. Google+ is a new social networking service lauched by Google. As of this writing, Google+ is on field testing and membership is on an “invite only.”
The things I like most about Google+ is that you can choose “circles” who can view your wall posts. You can share intimate thoughts with friends, and have professional conversations with colleagues without one group reading the message for the other. This is not the case in Facebook yet.
Here are some of the major features of Google+.
- Circles – lets you organize your contacts into groups. This way, you can share the right things just to the right people, unlike in Facebook where every friend can view your wall posts.
- Hangouts – places where you can video chat with your friends.
- Sparks – sparks enables you to search for interests and pin your search in under the Sparks section for later reading.
- Huddles – lets you communicate with your circles via SMS
- Games – The recent addition to Google+ is the Games section. You can play Angry Birds, Sudoku, Floodit, and others
- and more…