GeoGebra Institute of Metro Manila (GIMM) is one of the International GeoGebra Institutes (IGI), a non-profit organization behind the free mathematics software GeoGebra. It is the first GeoGebra Institute in the Philippines.
The aim of GIMM is for teacher and researchers to work together to promote the learning and teaching of mathematics by supporting and coordinating the followingactivities:
- conduct training on GeoGebra,
- develop GeoGebra teaching materials,
- offer workshops for future GeoGebra trainers,
- implement new features of GeoGebra,
- develop an online-support system for teachers,
- design and do research projects, and
- make presentations at national and international conferences.
The University of the Philippines National Institute for Science and Mathematics Education Development (UP NISMED) is the host of the GIMM.
GIMM’s first activity is a 2-day seminar-workshop on Using GeoGebra in Teaching Mathematics on May 5-6, 2011.
If you are interested to join the institute, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.