The long awaited GeoGebra 4.0 is now available online. The Webstart files and Applet Start can be are fully functional. Hopefully the offline installers will be available soon.
Some of the new features according to the website (haven’t explored all of them yet) are the following:
- GeoGebraTube: easily share worksheets online (see “File” menu)
- User interface: drag & drop, style bar, perspectives, accessibility
- New tools: data analysis, chart dialog, probability calculator, function inspector
- Copy & Paste, two Graphics views
- Inequalities and implicit equations
- Improved text tool, better equation displaying
- Filling options with hatching and images
- Animation of points on lines, dynamic limits for sliders & axes
- Buttons, input boxes, scripting
- Export to animated GIF
- 50 languages
This is the second part of the GeoGebra Sneak Peek Series. The first part is about the GeoGebra 4.0 New Tools.
GeoGebra 4.0 has not only improved by adding additional tools and features, there are also “minor” changes which I think you will find very helpful. In this post, we are going to discuss the seven minor changes in the GeoGebra’s interface.
The GeoGebra 4.0 Beta window
Again, GeoGebra 4.0 is still in Beta form – meaning these features might still be slightly changed. Continue reading
This is the first part of the GeoGebra 4.0 Sneak Peek Series. In this series, we are going to discuss some of the changes in GeoGebra from version 3.2 to 4.0. If you want to have a complete view of the changes, you can read the GeoGebra 4.0 Release Notes.
If you don’t know yet, GeoGebra 4.0 will be released
by the end of August this year in a few weeks . If you’re as excited as me and want to try out the new features, you might want to explore the GeoGebra 4.0 Beta release. This release is, of course, not stable (they may still change some features).
The most evident changes in GeoGebra 4.0 are the new tools. The tools, their icon, and their descriptions are shown below. Some tools have no icons yet, so I left it blank. Continue reading