The long awaited GeoGebra 4.0 is now available online. The Webstart files and Applet Start can be are fully functional. Hopefully the offline installers will be available soon.
Some of the new features according to the website (haven’t explored all of them yet) are the following:
- GeoGebraTube: easily share worksheets online (see “File” menu)
- User interface: drag & drop, style bar, perspectives, accessibility
- New tools: data analysis, chart dialog, probability calculator, function inspector
- Copy & Paste, two Graphics views
- Inequalities and implicit equations
- Improved text tool, better equation displaying
- Filling options with hatching and images
- Animation of points on lines, dynamic limits for sliders & axes
- Buttons, input boxes, scripting
- Export to animated GIF
- 50 languages
This is the tenth and final post in the GeoGebra 4.0 Sneak Peek Series. In this post, we are going to discuss four more major changes/additions to GeoGebra.
1.) GeoGebra Tube – a new site for collecting and sharing GeoGebra materials. You can upload your worksheet to the GeoGebra Tube using the File>Export menu.
2.) GeoGebra Prim – the version of GeoGebra for elementary school students.
The GeoGebra Prim is a version of GeoGebra with the following features: » Read more
GeoGebra Prim is a variant of GeoGebra for primary school and middle school students that will soon be released (probably with GeoGebra 4.0). It is a more simplified version of GeoGebra:
- Restricted set of Tools available
- All available Tools visible at once
- Larger Font size
- Larger/ Thicker Objects
- Just the Graphics View Showing
- Easier to select objects
- Labeling of Objects disabled (by default)
- Angles always between 0 and 180 (by default)
- Rounding to nearest whole number (by default)
The beta version of GeoGebra Prim can be downloaded here.