The long awaited GeoGebra 4.0 is now available online. The Webstart files and Applet Start can be are fully functional. Hopefully the offline installers will be available soon.
Some of the new features according to the website (haven’t explored all of them yet) are the following:
- GeoGebraTube: easily share worksheets online (see “File” menu)
- User interface: drag & drop, style bar, perspectives, accessibility
- New tools: data analysis, chart dialog, probability calculator, function inspector
- Copy & Paste, two Graphics views
- Inequalities and implicit equations
- Improved text tool, better equation displaying
- Filling options with hatching and images
- Animation of points on lines, dynamic limits for sliders & axes
- Buttons, input boxes, scripting
- Export to animated GIF
- 50 languages
In GeoGebra Sneak Peek 10, the last installment of my GeoGebra 4.0 Sneak Peek Series, I have mentioned about GeoGebraTube, the latest website of GeoGebra used for storing GeoGebra applets. I have used the site for almost a week and its running perfectly. Although there are times that some applets do not show up, but I think this has nothing to do with the website. It’s probably because the GeoGebra 4.0 Release candidate is still being refined.
I have already created by my own “channel” and have uploaded several of my applets. All applets uploaded in GeoGebraTube include GGB files that you can download, but take note that these files are under Creative Commons, so if you use them, do not forget to link back.
For GeoGebra users, you can upload by going to the GeoGebraTube website or or by clicking File>Export>Dynamic Worksheet as Webpage(html). In the Dynamic Worksheet Export dialog box, just select the GeoGebraTube option and to open the GeoGebraTube website.
This is the tenth and final post in the GeoGebra 4.0 Sneak Peek Series. In this post, we are going to discuss four more major changes/additions to GeoGebra.
1.) GeoGebra Tube – a new site for collecting and sharing GeoGebra materials. You can upload your worksheet to the GeoGebra Tube using the File>Export menu.
2.) GeoGebra Prim – the version of GeoGebra for elementary school students.
The GeoGebra Prim is a version of GeoGebra with the following features: » Read more