Top 20 Mathematics Posts for 2011
It’s year end again and it’s time for our year end summary. Here are the top 20 mathematics articles written in 2011.
- The proof: Example 1
- 10 Ways to Think Like a Mathematician
- Math Exercises, Problems, and Investigations
- Introduction to Mathematical Proofs
- Arithmetic Sequences and Linear Functions
- Paper Folding: Locating the square root of a number on the number line
- Generating Pythagorean Triples from Square Numbers
- Finger Multiplication
- Simon’s Favorite Factoring Trick
- The Handshake Problems and Its Multiple Solutions
- Operations on Integers – Subtraction
- Platonic Solids: Why only five of them?
- The Commutativity of Real Numbers
- Why Finger Multiplication Works
- Order of Operations: 360 or 354?
- The mystery of 495 explained
- Irrational Numbers as Decimals
- Experimental and Theoretical Probability 5
- Equation of a line: The derivation of y = mx + b
- Discovering multiplication of integers through patterns